Thursday, August 23, 2012

National Sponge Cake Day!

So after making several trips to Walmart today, I broke down and picked up some little sponge cakes. I had made that huge Rainbow Cake earlier this week and didn't want anything else to do with cakes. But I couldn't ignore my desire to celebrate National Sponge Cake Day, even though I had already told my husband earlier, that we would NOT be celebrating Sponge Cake Day. I did however only get the 6 pack of mini sponge cakes in the bakery section of Walmart. I already had some strawberries and some fat free Cool Whip in the freezer. (I ALWAYS have Fat Free Cool Whip in the freezer, usually multiply containers.) So after dinner, I laid out the mini sponge cakes on our plates, put a few strawberries on with a spoonful of Cool Whip and I don't like cherries, so a blueberry topped it off. Voila! Extra Bonus- only 2 PPV for my little creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment