Monday, August 20, 2012

RAINBOW CAKE
So I've seen this cake all over blogs, Pinterest, and Facebook and I just had to try it! I was going to wait until Samantha's birthday which is next month, but my dear hubby knew how much I wanted to make it and he said I could do it for his birthday. What a sweetheart!
All it is, is two boxes of white cake mix, follow the directions on the box, and then divide up the cake mix into five separate bowls. It turned out to be about 3 1/4 cups of batter for the five layers. I got icing color from Walmart to make the colors so vibrant and wonderful. Now I am not a big frosting person, so the cake will need about 3 tubs of frosting. I only used 2 and didn't go all around the cake, just in between each layer and the top. Now my mom told me that if you beat the tub of frosting you will get double from it. But I had already frosted the cake and couldn't try that out.

So all in all, the cake turned out AWESOME!!!!! The only downside is, it's MONSTROUS, we couldn't finish our pieces and have no idea how we are going to finish this cake. I think next time, I will try the Walmart style rainbow cake in one pan and no layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment