Thursday, October 18, 2012

National Chocolate Cupcake Day

Today is one of the best days, National Chocolate Cupcake Day! Who doesn't love cupcakes? They are amazing, come in so many flavors, and are....portioned controlled!! I can eat one cupcake just fine, but if I make a cake, I am in big big trouble! And 12 cupcakes can't last as long as a cake can. So for today, I made some chocolate cupcakes from one of my favorite cookbooks, Eat More of What You Love, by Marlene Koch. She has some amazing recipes and tips for low fat foods and sugar free foods! The recipe I made is 90 Calorie Chocolate Cupcakes! Intrigued aren't ya! They are only 2 PPV and are amazing! I didn't have frosting in my house and really didn't feel like making any. So I just put marshmallow creme on them and some sprinkles! :) Fancy! Here's the recipe:

90 Calorie Chocolate Cupcakes

1/4 cup & 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup hot water
3/4 cup Splenda
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup skim milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 lrg egg
1/2 light mayonnaise
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin cups with liners and spray with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Place cocoa powder in a large bowl. Add hot water and whisk until smooth.

3. Whisk in sweetener until smooth, then add brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, egg, and mayonnaise and continue to whisk until smooth.

4. Gradually sift in flour, baking soda, and baking powder and stir until well mixed.

5. Scoop 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 13 minutes or until the center springs back when touched or a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment